Look what we found in the basement we thought we'd like to share with you! Here's a blast from the past: A late 1970's Hello Dolly brochure that was created to highlight the benefits of a PowerMate® moving pianos. Our PowerMate® dolly has been getting the job done for over 30 years.
One of the best products to use for air conditioning units is the LE-1, which moves loads up to 700 lbs (also ideal for water heaters and smaller package boilers). Its unique design includes a moving toe plate and zero weight on the hand grips, for minimal effort. It comes with hand-operated wheel brakes and a dual drive screw design, allowing for loads to be raised and placed onto surfaces. The design of this model also allows for installation of wall or pedestal mounted AC units. Finally, it has an option of a rough terrain cart, which allows for easy installation over longer, more taxing distances.
The biggest challenge when switching out water heaters is not getting the new one in, but actually taking the old one out. For residential systems, our L-1 model, which a rated capacity up to 650 lbs, is the ideal choice. For commercial systems, the M-2B steel, heavy duty stair climber has a rated capacity up to 1,500 lbs and features eight inches of extra height, accommodating taller loads. This makes it perfect not only for water heaters, but also for boilers, generators, compressors, motors, and more.
If you’re regularly moving large loads, our line of value-added accessories can make a big difference, and attachments can easily be placed on the equipment and customized for your load. Rough terrain carts and big wheel attachments—easily added to the stair climber—effortlessly traverse uneven ground, sand, gravel, and rain. They also come off as easily as they go on, allowing for the user to remove them before entering a home, keeping floors clean and making for happy homeowners.
- Powered stair climbers not only can move loads up and down the stairs, on and off most service vehicles, but they can also negotiate curbs and thresholds, as well as act as a dock leveler.
- Various models of the powered stair climbers act as powered tailgate lifts and vertical lifts; the one of a kind PowerMate model LE-1 even has stacking capabilities and no attachments.
- How do you maneuver tight spaces, crazy corners, and rough terrain with a conventional hand truck? You can safely bring the load and machine to rest on flat surfaces, even on stairs. Deliver to old homes? With a Power Stair Climber, you can skip missing, broken, or suspect steps! Challenged with moving on landings? Raise the wheel to create a smaller footprint.
- Looking for safety and protection for you and your workers? Powered stair climbers reduce the operator’s ergonomic effort by 87%, making moving more efficient, safe, and productive. Additionally, risks, injuries, and vehicle-related accidents become lowered. Complete more jobs efficiently and reduce your labor costs by 50% or more.
- Why do all of the work with a conventional hand truck? With powered stair climbers, all you need to do is raise the wheels 10-18 in. and change the fulcrum, making the breaking of the load an easier and safer task.
- One of the biggest concerns when moving is ensuring the load remains intact and unharmed. Cotton-coated nylon straps and safety ratcheting systems, as well as multiple and adjustable felt-protected strap bars, are added to the stair climber in order to protect the customers’ product.
- Is another worry that of harming the floors on which the move is taking place? With some hand trucks, the wheels can rough up and scratch certain floors. Powered hand trucks, however, have non-marking wheels and rubber guards, so that it remains safe for all floor types.
- Durable, long-lasting, top of the line stair climbers typically deliver a 10:1 return on investment (ROI) in the first year alone, and with routine maintenance, can last for years and years.
Keeping these points in mind, you should be able to determine that the higher ROI lies in powered hand trucks over conventional ones. As technology is beginning to invade the workplace, it’s time to ask yourself: “What’s my ROI on the conventional hand truck I am using today?”
Later this spring, college students will be moving out of student houses and back home, or to their own apartments. For building and facilities managers, the warmer weather also makes this time of year optimal for any move or making household alterations.
Appliances can get heavy and if you don’t handle them with the proper equipment, you risking causing damage to the appliance or physical harm to yourself and others. If you’re removing or installing heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) units, or just moving pails of paint or cleaning supplies, BBQ's, building supplies, floor polishers, floor sanders or garbage receptacles, using a handtruck or liftgate will make it simple.
What are some specific moving products you should have on your checklist? For those in rough terrains, the proper moving vehicles equipped for this type of environment are required. For those working in building locations and need to move pieces of equipment, a hand truck or load truck (if the equipment is large) is appropriate. For those attempting to move items out of a vehicle or full-sized van, an interior lift gate system will prove to be useful. For tight spaces and staircases, it’s important to have pivot accessories to help you move around.
More important than where you get these products is that you use them to your advantage. Lugging large appliances around won’t get the job done faster, and it could put workers at risk. With the help of products like these, you and team can be kept safe while staying efficient. Make sure to take measure to make your moves and renovations as productive and hazard free as possible.
Last July, PowerMate partnered with BuyMax Alliance, a group of more than 1,400 independent HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and roofing contractors who work together to guarantee more buying power and special pricing from national vendors. Now, more of these independent contractors are discovering the benefits and advantages of bringing a PowerMate with them when they’re out on the road and heading to jobs.
Delivery drivers, installation technicians and repairman of every stripe are constantly required to transport heavy, cumbersome parts and tools into areas only accessible by a flight of stairs. With standard hand trucks, the possibility of strained backs, pulled muscles or even serious injuries are ever present. In many instances, the equipment itself is damaged in some manner. The
When marketing a product, a long-standing principle is to establish a brand identity. In 1976 when L P International Inc. opened its doors for business, we never imagined the impact that it would have on us!
August 13, 2012, Brantford, ON: PowerMate is pleased to announce a new Equipment Financing Program with Allstate Capital, LLC, a company based out of Pompano Beach, Florida, in providing an option of third party equipment financing to its customers.
L P International Inc., will be giving away a PowerMate® L-1 stair climbing hand truck to one lucky business this spring in an effort to raise awareness of this highly versatile and dependable powered safety moving machine.
If you have been reading the articles in this blog you may already be familiar with some of the reasons for using a PowerMate®. Labor savings and safety are two big reasons customers agree are important. But did you also know that there are less tangible benefits to using a PowerMate stair climber for residential and commercial deliveries? Your technicians, the ones most likely to be using the machines on a regular basis, will thank you for making their job easier and safer.
The fact that you also bought the machine to improve your bottom line is incidental to them. From the technician’s perspective they will notice right away the difference in the physical effort required to move product in and out of buildings. They will be less tired at the end of the day, less prone to injury, less likely to make errors due to fatigue, more likely to show up for work without muscle aches and generally enjoy their job more knowing they have this powerful tool to back them up day after day.
Tags: moving boilers, Injury prevention, powered dolly, hand truck, electric dolly, stair climbing hand truck, safety moving system, safety moving systems, powered hand trucks, motorized stair climbers, appliance dolly