PowerMate M-2B Stair Climber
PowerMate M-2B - the heavy duty commercial stair climber
The PowerMate M-2B PowerMate is a powered, heavy duty stair climber with a capacity to move loads up to 1,500 lbs. The M-2B has eight inches of extra height to accommodate taller loads like built-in appliances, vending machines, visi coolers, safes, switchgear, commercial hot water tanks and man lifts.
The PowerMate M-2B Advantage
For a comparison of all our safety moving products visit our PowerMate products page.
The PowerMate M-2B is four machines in one: a powered stair climber; a powered tailgate lift; a loading dock leveler and a well-balanced dolly. The following list provides a quick reference to some of the advantages attributed to the PowerMate M-2B stair climbing hand truck.
- Does 100% of the lifting so you don't have to!
- A powerful labor saving device that can help reduce costs and contribute to profitability.
- Reduces property and product damage by keeping the load under control during the move.
- Contributes to your image of professionalism.
- Reduces the physical effort to move heavy loads by 87%.
- Contributes to jobsite safety by reducing jobsite injuries and injury claims. Tell me more about injury prevention and the potential savings I can expect by using a PowerMate on the job site.
- Moves heavy loads with half the labor! Jobs that required two people to move without a PowerMate now take just one! Jobs that previously required four people can now be safely completed with just two in most cases! Tell me more about Labor Savings.
- Carries the weight on the heavy duty outer frame which reduces the chance of bending or twisting.
- Comes complete with a built in 'hook bar lever' that can be used with an installed vehicle hook box to assist with vehicle loading. The Hook Bar also doubles as a leverage bar to assist with maneuvering heavy loads.
- Retractable wheels convert the M-2B into a four-wheel dolly which makes flat surface rolling a breeze!
- Ablility to roll in a completely horizontal position, allowing the machine and load to pass through low doorways with ease!
- Comes complete with a full length bottom rubber guard that protects all surfaces during moves and also acts as an anti-skid contact.
- Has a 12v, 32 AH sealed gel maintenance free battery that is leak proof and will last on average from 4-7 years. Together with our high-efficiency drive screw design the M-2B will move a 500 lb. load up AND down 20 flights of stairs on a single charge!
- Backed by the manufacturer! We not only provide stair climbers but also complete moving solutions including superior customer service and training.
- Our 1-800 number along with our load moving guidelines are prominently displayed on your PowerMate M-2B. Our customer service personnel are always happy to help with on-site support.
- High capacity, high quality solid steel stair climber able to handle the most demanding jobs.
- Strapbars can be positioned strategically along the frame to secure various size loads.
Your PowerMate in Action
Every consideration was given to make your PowerMate® the most ergonomically friendly lifting device on the market. For example, all our operator controls are strategically positioned on the top of the machine between the hand grips. The drive screw brake is always engaged until the operator activates the controls. This safety feature prevents unnecessary load movement.
The wheels on a PowerMate® lift up and out of the way reducing the overall footprint of the machine – ideal in a tight spot like narrow stairwells and landings. This feature is also why you are able to break back the load with such relative ease; with the wheels out of the way, the effort to pull the load back onto the wheels is dramatically reduced. Once the machine and load are back onto the wheels, you are now in a well balanced position - with no effort required to keep the load in balance! You can even let go of the machine at this point! A handy feature on stairwells should you have to open a door or even answer your phone. This is impossible with a regular hand truck and is a major advantage in owning a PowerMate®.
All PowerMate M-2B's are manufactured with solid state controls which reduce the draw on the battery adding to your daily operational battery life. Another advantage of solid state controls (unique in the industry) is the "soft start" feature. This further increases safety by reducing sudden movements during start up and results in the smoother operation of the machine. The new controls also make servicing and maintenance as easy as 1-2-3!
The M-2B comes complete with retractable wheels that convert your PowerMate into a four-wheel dolly for flat surface rolling. The extra wheels can be deployed and retracted while the machine is loaded.
These quality features contribute to the lowest total cost of ownership on the market. To find out how an M-1, M-2B or M-2C will contribute to the safety and profitability of your business speak with a Solution Specialist today. 1-800-697-6283 or leave your contact information and a Solution Specialist will contact you at your convenience.
The PowerMate M-2B is the machine of choice for moving commercial hot water heaters. With eight extra inches of height the M-2B has the right amount of leverage to easily move these heavy items. Combined with the Hot Water Tank attachment the M-2b is ideal Hot Water Tank moving package.
The TwinLift attachment allows the operator to swivel the load in 360 degrees of arc for perfect and easy product placement.
All PowerMate Stair climbers are well balanced dollies. The unique three point balancing design means the operator can step away from the machine temporarily to open doors, move obstacles or even answer their phone!
The M-2B comes with a retractable dolly to assist with maneuvering loads on a flat surface. The two retractable wheels can be deployed even when the machine is loaded!
The M-2B can come equipped with 14 foot straps, however you can order your PowerMate straps any length you like! Here you see the M-2B delivering a Visi Cooler.
The M-2B is 8 inches taller than the M-1 stair climber making it easier for the operator to maneuver tall loads like built-in appliances or large vending machines. Safe movers love the M-2B because of the extra height and the 1,500 lb. capacity.
PowerMate M-2B Specifications
- Fully Automatic Braking System
- Override Clutch
- Drive Screw Top Guard
- Rugged Steel Outer Frame Carries Load
- Machine 27"W x 17"D x 68" High
- Machine Weight 185 lbs.
- Heavy Duty Control Switches
- Two Adjustable Strapbars 26" Length
- Bar and Plate Felt - Protects Loads
- Heavy Duty Reinforced 14' Straps
- Quick Release Safety Locking Cam
- Super Efficient Drive Screw
- .65 Kilowatt High Efficiency DC Motor
- Retractable 2-Wheel Dolly
- Leverage Bar
- Sealed Battery 12V 32 AH Maintenance Free and Rechargeable
- Puncture Proof Wheels 8" Diameter
- Toeplate 27"W
- Anti-Skid Protector On Heel Of Machine
- Lifting Height 40" (101.6 cm)
- Machine Capacity 1500 lbs. (682 kg.)
- Overload Protection
- Solid State controller
- Advanced Electronic Microprocessor